We have now completed our third week in this new Academic Year. We are really grateful of your patience and understanding to support the new academic initiatives we are now prepared to launch in both Primary and Secondary.
Academic Activities. We are now waiting the result of the MYP Verification Visit we hosted last week and we will inform soon of the result. The focus now is back to academic activities, both inside and outside of the classroom: letters about the extra-curricular activities and various field trips planned will arrive soon.
School Leadership appointments. We have not spent enough time to inform you about the evolution of our school leadership. Hereafter the recent appointments, while I invite you to read their biographies on our school web site.
- Mrs. Jacqueline Brooks Smith, formerly Head of IB and Deputy Head of Secondary School at the British International School of Budapest, has joined Hanova as Head of Secondary School, effective 1st August 2016.
- Mrs. Sandy Trull, our Teacher of MYP and DP Humanities and former Pastoral Coordinator for the Secondary School, has been appointed Middle Years Programme Coordinator effective 1st July 2016, succeeding Mr. Joseph Hamkari.
- Mr. Marcus Meadham our Head of Humanities has been confirmed Diploma Programme Coordinator, continuing in his role as last year.
- Mrs. Dominique Delpech, our Year 6 Teacher and Head of Faculty during last year, has been appointed Primary Years Programme Coordinator effective 1st June 2016, succeeding Mrs. Melissa Biglands.
- Mr. Tony Manning, our Year 6 Teacher and last year’s Primary Pastoral Coordinator, has been appointed also Deputy Head of Primary effective 1st June 2016, to assure temporarily the leadership role within Primary School.
PYP news of the week. Within our IB Primary Years Programme, the focus of our students was also on the IB Learner Profile: the IB suggests that an “internationally minded” person is someone who demonstrates the attributes of the “Learner Profile. So what is the “Learner Profile?” These are qualities determined to be most important in creating positive and productive citizens of the world. But, what does it mean, “Profile?” HINT: Think Facebook or myspace. A profile is the description of a person’s qualities, values, and characteristics. We invite you all then to go on our web site or on the IB web site to discover these qualities.
Primary House Leaders. Our Primary school is pleased to announce that the 2016-2017 House Captains and their Deputies have been nominated. By being house leaders they will develop their leadership, organization and cooperation skills by working with staff and students to manage various house activities throughout the year. They were chosen for demonstrating leadership skills and promise which at Hanova we are dedicated to developing. Our student leaders will be appointed next week, and we will then provide you all the names altogether.
ACT and SAT. As registered center, Hanova will be administrating the ACT and the SAT in the coming fall. The test dates and the registration deadlines are hereafter:
|Test Date||Registration Deadline|
|SAT||5 Nov.||7 Oct.|
|ACT||22 Oct.||16 Sep.|
Please note that students with Chinese passport are unable to take these tests at Hanova, according to the policies issued by the Chinese government. For any question, please contact the University & Careers Counselor Ms. Zhu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sports. Our PE Team continues to organize trials to create the student teams for our favorite sports, which will compete against other international schools in Xi’an and in China. Please refer to the specific notices, to prepare the calendar of sport activities and events.
Thanks again for your continuing support.