‘Open Day’ and ‘Winter Concert’ 2021. Both events were well-attended and bear testimony to the dedication and enterprise of our school staff, and the enthusiasm of our students.
We would like to thank and pay tribute to the efforts of our staff and students, and gratitude to our parents who helped make these events a success. We will include an article and photos in the next issue of the newsletter.
Last and First Day of Term 2021-22. Parents are reminded that our school closes at 1.20pm this Friday and re-opens on Monday, 3rd January, 2022.
‘You’ve been Heard’ – Student Survey Feed-back. As promised, the survey results of our students in Years 5 to 13 have been analysed and discussed at Pedagogical Leadership Team (PLT) meetings over the last few weeks. It is agreed that these findings – and the school’s plans to address them – should be shared with the whole school learning community – so that our students can be better supported in their school life.
Below you will find the questions asked, the percentage of students responding ‘No, Maybe, Sometimes’, what the school is currently doing and what we plan to do to improve any issue raised by students.
In most cases, we have also given recommendations to our students and parents; next academic term, students will be briefed by the leadership teams in Primary and Secondary schools.
Question 9: ‘Do you know where to access these policies?’ 81%
Question 8: Admissions, Assessment, Languages, Inclusion, and Academic Integrity Policies 66%
- All MYP/Diploma policies are on Managebac; staff, parents and students are encouraged to access them when needed.
- Our current IB policy review procedures will ensure that parental and student awareness of our policies will be addressed.
- Some MYP/Diploma policies have already shared in assemblies and more will be over the next few months. Students are asked to pay attention and remember them.
- From now on, PYP, MYP and Diploma policies will be posted on Managebac. Students and parents will be informed by email from the IB Administrators that revised policies have been up-loaded. Parents and students are reminded to regularly monitor their Managebac accounts and their emails from school.
- Primary School will be putting up policy posters in addition to assemblies. Secondary will use homeroom tutors to keep students informed.
- It is also agreed that Student Forum or House Captains in Primary should be used to conduct student-led presentations and activities such as ‘policy quizzes’.
- Once a policy has been revised, ratified by PLT and authorized by the Board, a simplified Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) will be created and translated into Chinese and Korean.
- It was agreed that students in Years 5 to 13 should sign these MOUs as well as parents.
- It is also agreed that MOUs will be signed by new parents and new students during Admissions – a ‘Policy Package’ will be given to them to sign before they are officially admitted into the school.
- Ongoing staff briefings in Primary and Secondary will keep teachers informed of developments.
- A regular, incremental ‘You’ve been heard!’ section will be included in future School Newsletters.
- Data and its analysis will be continually included the the school’s IB Continuum Action Plan
Question 4: ‘Does the Library help your learning?’ 64%
- Secondary management are looking into ways to make connections between subjects and library resources in MYP Library lessons. The MYP Action Plan will reflect more information sessions and library activities.
- PLT will be considering having Library Computers for students’ use.
- Primary management will work the Primary Librarian to produce visual material on Units of Inquiry.